Position at Microdesk
Are you an architect, engineering design, or construction manager who knows Autodesk and other building design software inside-out? Are you interested in applying your knowledge to a more consultative role? Take this opportunity to join a smart, driven, growth-oriented company where you will constantly be at the forefront of today's latest design and technology trends!
Working as part of our solutions consulting team, this is your chance to do strategic work with our industry-leading clients and gain valuable experience as you manage cutting edge implementations of design and construction technology on a variety of projects.
Electrical or MEP related background preferred. What's GREAT about a career with Microdesk?
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, to construction and operations & maintenance. . We combine a strong vision with the latest tools and the talent of individuals from every corner of the industry to bring our clients' projects to life. A career with Microdesk is a rewarding way to contribute to a variety of projects that help our clients throughout the AECO industry not only realize what is possible today, but also envision the future.
What Kind of Candidate are we looking for? Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Experience
- Works directly with and takes direction from project personnel and/or BIM Coordinator
- Creates 3D model based off red-lines from either BIM Coordinator or field team
- Develops 2D installation drawings and detail drawings from 3D model or sketches
- Prints Documents and helps keep drawings up to date while archiving older drawings
- Helps set up project and keeps it maintained
- Keeps a daily log on tasks being performed
- QA/QC own work
- Helps QA/QC drawings based off of standards and best practices
- Helps QA/QC model based off of standards and best practices
- Download and upload files when needed to keep project current
- Has effective communication with field and project management team
- Advanced Level drafter/CAD operator and modeler
- 5+ years' experience using Revit and AutoCAD regarding 2D drawings
- 2+ years' experience using Revit and AutoCAD regarding 3D population
- 2+ years' experience using Navisworks Manage and can run clash detection effectively
- Requires 4-5 hours a month of dedicated training on software and electrical construction
- Requires minimal QA/QC for any work being submitted
- Advanced Electrical knowledge
- Equipment Clearances
- Basic common code - sizing of pull cans, supports maximums.
- Can read blue prints at an advanced level.
- Can make recommendations on best practices and constructability
- Can perform 3D modeling at an advanced level
- Can help train others on 3D Modeling and 2D drafting based off of standards and best practices
We offer a fast paced, dynamic environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees.
Microdesk offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Aetna Medical with company funded HRA or HSA, Ameritas Dental, EyeMed Vision, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Spending Account options, company paid Life, STD and LTD insurances, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with 30% match and generous paid time off and sick time policies.
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.