Position at Microdesk
What's GREAT about a career with Microdesk?
Microdesk combines technology and business process consulting to help firms successfully plan, design, build and operate land and buildings. With Microdesk, you are part of a company that is delivering solutions to improve the entire project delivery process, from planning and design, to construction and operations & maintenance. We combine vision with the latest tools and the talent of individuals from every corner of the industry to bring our clients' projects to life. A career with Microdesk is a rewarding way to contribute to a variety of projects that help our clients throughout the AECO industry not only realize what is possible today, but also envision the future.
- Creation and maintenance of software template files to assure standards
- Server Management & Cloud data coordination
- Responsible for server structure standard maintenance and reinforcement through ongoing education. Audit server data on a quarterly basis
- Support the digital document archive and retrieval for projects
- Assist project team in CAD / BIM project setup. Set-up project templates, workspaces, libraries, sheet-sets, line-weights, hyperlinking and plots
- Enforce company drafting and modeling standards and procedures
- Digital A/E library & template management
- Set up project in team workspace and life cycle management tools
- Provide production CAD/BIM support to Architects and Engineers to meet project needs including but not limited to creating of content in response to project/ department need
- Manage the standard content library and collaborate with partners across the organization. Work with Consultants and Sub consultants to assure that they have implemented the most current office software standards
- Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation and enforcement in collaboration with partners and users within the organization
- Assist project teams with the utilization and management of models through construction
- Assist in the management of model life cycle
- Evaluate, test and recommend new BIM related software and technologies to support efficiency in production of work
- Audit CAD/ Revit files for project closeout including digital document archiving
- Partner with other business units in the utilization of GIS editing software and editing tools for property wide data.
- Support User groups and Standards Committee efforts and training.
- Minimum of five years of experience in Architecture and/or Engineer Commercial design firm working on multi-discipline projects
- Minimum of three years of experience of project BIM coordination
- Advanced experience and competence in AutoCAD (2016 or higher)
- Advanced experience and competence in Revit 3D modeling (Architecture, Structure, Electrical and/or Mechanical)
- Advanced experience in collaboration between Revit & Navisworks
- Advanced experience and competence in AutoCAD CIVIL 3D modeling
- Basic experience and competence in Autodesk ReCap
- Familiar with AIA, National CAD standards and Revit LOD industry standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Design Suite Applications
- Ability to create / modify custom applications (LISP, Macros)
- Basic knowledge of GIS systems
- Basic knowledge of BSD Spec Link & Linkman-E
- Experience teaching and mentoring the requisite software programs to various user skill levels in a multi-discipline design team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent document management and organizational skills
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM & other technologies utilized in the company
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet goals
- Knowledge of Sketch Up, Rhino, Maya, 3d Max and other 3D modeling platforms
- Knowledge of Navisworks and clash detection tools
- Knowledge utilizing Point clouds for content verification and creation in 3D tools
- Experience in lifecycle management of BIM models
- Experience in BIM 360 suite
- Experience in Document Management
- Experience in BlueBeam Revu / Extreme software and collaboration management in these tools.
- Familiarity with industry standards & codes
- Experience with importing and exporting metadata from models into lifecycle management tools.
BenefitsMicrodesk offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Aetna Medical with company funded HRA or HSA, Ameritas Dental, EyeMed Vision, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Spending Account options, company paid Life, STD and LTD insurances, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with 30% match and generous paid time off and sick time policies.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree from an accredited architecture school
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited engineering school
- Bachelor of Construction Management
- Autodesk Certified User or Autodesk Certified Professional
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employe